GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
With so many environmental benefits, our synthetic turf is naturally a green product. Learn more about how the benefits make it greener than natural grass.
- Saves millions of gallons of water every year
- Removes dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Eliminates the requirement for pollution - producing mowing equipment
- Supports U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- We Credit 1.1 Water Efficient Landscaping: Reduce by 50%
- We Credit 1.2: Water Efficient Landscaping: No Potable Water Use or No Irrigation (1 Point in addition to WE Credit 1.1)
Materials & Resources
- MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point)
- MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point in addition to MR Credit 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Resident landscape irrigation is approximated to end up using nearly 9 billion gallons of water per day.
In some districts, outdoor water use can account for up to 70 percent of Asheville resident's water usage. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water each year is used to irrigate a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 square foot project, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons annually, or as much as $350 off the water bill, itself. Our residential landscape products are warrantied for 15 years, so over the life of the lawn, a resident will save about $5,250 in water cost.
The mean cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential areas in Asheville is $0.20 square foot annually. For a 1,000 square foot lawn, that leads to savings of $200 per year, or $3000 throughout the life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA believes that, on average, 33.2 million tons of yard waste were generated each year, the third-largest component of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The normal resident spends 150 hours per year caring for the lawn. Synthetic turf eliminates that need.